Membership is the foundation of success for this unique South Australian event
Your Support will be Greatly Appreciated!
The Lower Lakes Stockman’s Challenge & Bush Festival is held in Strathalbyn on the Fleurieu Peninsula:
the gateway to the Lower Lakes of the mighty Murray River and magnificent Coorong.
We are a South Australian incorporated not-for-profit association and members enjoy being part of a volunteer group dedicated to enriching the community by preserving, promoting, encouraging and fostering:
- The important cultural heritage of Australian bush skills and traditions;
- Horse riding activities and horsemanship;
- Membership and participation in the association and;
- Public awareness, participation, community spirit and civic pride.
We encourage all members to participate in the preparation and management of the main event, working bees, fund raising activities and functions throughout the year. Members will be eligible for special offers, invitation only social activities, discounts on entry fees and LLSC&BF merchandise.
Three types of association membership are available:
Full: Single Member $40 per year*
Full members must be over 18 years of age and is ideal for persons wishing to be actively involved in the day-to-day activities and/or management of the association.
- are eligible for nomination to the committee
- have all voting rights
Social: Single Member $20 per year*
Family Membership $70 per year*
Social membership is ideal for persons who wish to support the association but are unable to be actively involved in the day-to-day operation and management of the association.
Family membership is for 2 adults and 2 children.
- Not eligible for nomination to the committee
- Voting rights only at the AGM and Special General Meetings
All members must:
- not be an insolvent under administration and;
- not have been convicted of an indictable offence within or outside the state of South Australia and have not been sentenced to imprisonment within the last five (5) years.
* Annual Membership is for a calendar year and is current from member payment after 1st January to 31st December.